Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Inconvenient Truth #1153: Just having fun is more difficult than it looks anymore, unlike the "good old days".

We spend entirely too much time following orders to pay particular attention to how our actions are interpreted by others.  We forget that "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you."  Everything today has to go through some imaginary PC filters that don't really exist.  I was told recently, by someone who obviously doesn't know me, that if I was trying to be sarcastic, it was not appropriate.  Like I said, he didn't know me.  If I was being sarcastic, he wouldn't have to guess, he'd know.  I asked "who decides appropriate, him?"  I'm pretty certain no one died and left him in charge of me.  I had simply presented the facts and truths of an incident.  He ignored them and attacked the messenger.  Bad choice.

I love to use inappropriate words at inappropriate moments to illicit reaction.  It's part of the game of life with Mikey.  Our culture has gone waaaay overboard with the pretend "power" of language.  "You hurt my feelings."  Really?  It was that easy?  Hold my beer and watch this.....

I assume you've read or heard that some of our snowflakes want to remove the phrase "man" from every occurrence in our American-English language because it is gender offensive.  OMG, how demeaning.  What are they going to call females now, Wo or Fe?

Like I said, the meek have come out of the closet and are demanding respect.  For what, I have no clue, but they are certainly demanding recognition of their existence.  Since our constitutional government has morphed into something it was not (c'mon man, you know that presidential executive orders are not law and the Supreme Court is not allowed to legislate (create law) from the bench), guerrilla warfare is on the horizon.  Insurgent resistance to a completely new form of slavery and servitude, under color of law, cannot be ruled out as unthinkable.

We are no longer allowed to have fun.  Everything today is serious business, like the minefields leftover in Cambodia after Pol Pot had his fun.

M - Old age is coming at a really bad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment